A reader wrote to ask (after reading this blog’s FAQ’s on Moving to Maui), “So why do you still live there?” Obviously, Hawaii is not for everybody (where would we PUT them all?) But here are my top ten reasons. It was difficult to narrow it down to ten…so I’ll be sharing more, later. Stay tuned!
1) Blazing sunshine (free vitamin D)
2) Flip-Flops Forever (slippahs, in Hawaii)
3) Outdoors every single day
4) Brilliant blue skies and puffy white clouds, almost every day
5) The very best rainbows, on the days it does rain
6) The ocean is always there, waiting….
7) The rain forest is always there, waiting
8) It’s a society built on love for the aina (land)
9) It’s a society built on pono (do what is right)
10) I feel safe, safe, safe here.
Please weigh in on what you love the absolute most about Maui…especially those of you who live here…and I will post the answers.
A hui hou! If you’d like to stay in the loop, please click the “Follow” button on the Homepage.